YORK COUNTY, Pa.-- It's National Pork Month!
To celebrate, Metro Diner is stopping by the FOX43 Kitchen.
The diner has come up with a new lineup of dinner items for the month, including the Pulled Pork Mac Steak, which features a half-pound of BBQ pulled pork over macaroni & cheese and a cheddar cornbread waffle with maple butter.
Today, Chef Sara Griffen is stopping by the kitchen to show you how to make your own.
You can find the recipe below:
* 1 Box of Corn Bread Mix
* 2 Pounds of Pork
* About 2 TBS (per taste) Maple Syrup
* 1 ½ -2 Cups Favorite BBQ Sauce
* 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter
* ¼ Cup of Corn
* ½ Tsp. of sugar
* ¼ Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
* ¼ Tsp. Salt
1. Buy (or make yourself) your favorite BBQ pulled pork and keep a little extra BBQ sauce on the side.
2. Buy (or make yourself) your favorite macaroni and cheese.
3. Add ¼ cup of corn, ½ tsp. of sugar and a ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese to your favorite cornbread mix.
4. Follow directions for the remainder of the cornbread mix.
5. Soften 2 sticks of unsalted butter to a creamy consistency.
6. Add maple syrup to the butter until the butter becomes sweet enough for your tastes.
7. Add a pinch of salt to the butter. Mix all ingredients. Chill to harden butter.
8. Cook your cornbread mix in a waffle iron. The Cheddar Cornbread Waffle should cook for about 30 seconds longer than a traditional waffle.
9. Cook until edges are brown and crispy. Place in a large bowl.
10. Top with the macaroni and cheese and pulled pork.
11. Drizzle with additional BBQ sauce.
12. Serve with Maple Butter.