HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: All District 3 and PIAA playoff games involving Central PA teams are postponed
HARRISBURG — The snow-covered stands left by Thursday’s bout of wintry weather has postponed all of the District 3 playoff games scheduled for tonight, according to the district.
The games that have been postponed are:
- The Class 6A championship game between Central Dauphin and Harrisburg has been pushed back to Saturday at 6 p.m. The game will now be played at CD Middle School. (Note: Earlier Friday, District 3 officials announced the game had been pushed back all the way to next week, and that it would be played at Central York High School, but those plans were altered Friday afternoon.)
- The Class 3A championship game between Bermudian Springs and Middletown has been postponed to Saturday at 6 p.m. at Cedar Crest High School’s Earl Boltz Stadium in Lebanon.
- The Class 5A semifinal between York High and Cocalico was switched to Saturday at 1 p.m. at Manheim Central’s Rettew Stadium — the first game of a 5A playoff doubleheader in Manheim. (Note: Earlier Friday, District 3 officials announced the game would be played at 6 p.m. at Cocalico. The game was moved to Manheim after Cocalico officials determined the field conditions would be too poor to play on Saturday.)
- The Class 5A semifinal between Manheim Central and Cedar Cliff has been moved to Saturday at 7 p.m. at Manheim Central’s Rettew Field.
- The Class 4A semifinal between Conrad Weiser and Bishop McDevitt was moved to Saturday at 1 p.m. at McDevitt’s Rocco Ortenzio Stadium.
- The Class 4A semifinal between Milton Hershey and Berks Catholic was moved to Saturday at 1 p.m. at Berks Catholic.
The postponement of the Class 6A game to next week will not affect the upcoming state playoffs in that classification, because there was a bye week scheduled.
Meanwhile, the PIAA Class 1A first-round playoff game between Tri-Valley and Lackawanna Trail has been postponed to Saturday at 7 p.m. at Scranton High School.
The first-round playoff game between Halifax and Muncy, set for tonight at 7 p.m. at West Perry High School, was moved to Saturday at 5 p.m. at West Perry.