McDonald’s in Lancaster closed for gas leak this morning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Photo courtesy of Lancaster Township Fire Department

LANCASTER, Lancaster County, Pa. — McDonald’s restaurant closed for several hours this morning because of a gas leak.

The incident happened at the McDonald’s restaurant on the 1200 block of Millersville Pike at 9:57 a.m., Saturday.

According to Lancaster Township Fire Department,  crews evacuated the dining room after discovering high levels of carbon monoxide (CO).

Authorities say crews found an elevated levels of carbon monoxide around the  heating, ventilation, and air conditioning unit HVAC unit on the roof and a small gas leak.

According to authorities, crews secured the utilities and UGI utilities shut off gas to the building.  The department used fans to air it out.

EMS evaluated employees who complained of feeling nauseated and were experiencing headaches. All employees refused to be taken to the hospital.

The restaurant re-opened to the public at 11:02 a.m.

Authorities say the restaurant was estimated to be closed at least half the day until repairs are completed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.