Coroner identifies man that died in North Cordorus Township house fire

YORK COUNTY, Pa.-- UPDATE (August 1): The coroner has positively identified the man that died in a Sunday night house fire.

Victor Geiman, 87, died as a result of to carbon monoxide toxicity and thermal injuries from the house fire, an autopsy report shows.

UPDATE (July 30): The York County Coroner has released the identity of the man believed to have died in a Sunday night house fire.

According to the coroner, the man is believed to be Victor Geiman, who was the resident of the property.

A positive identification has not yet been made, and a cause and manner of death is pending.

An autopsy is scheduled for July 30 at noon at Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown.

Police ask that if anyone knows if Mr. Geiman had any living family members, to have them contact authorities at 717-840-7617.

PREVIOUSLY:A man is dead after a house fire.

Authorities say a man in his 80's died after a house fire broke out in the 1500 block of Kraft Mills Road in North Codorus Township around 10:30 p.m. on July 28.

The house has been deemed a total loss, despite the efforts of 10 departments responding to the scene. Officials said it took an hour and a half to get under control.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.