LEBANON COUNTY, Pa. -- UPDATE: Officials on scene called it the worst fire they’ve seen in 10 years.
At least 10 people are displaced after flames scorched a building in Lebanon County.
Those families are receiving assistance from the American Red Cross.
The fire sparked around 8:30 a.m. on August 21 at Corvette Grille in the 200 block of West Main Street in Annville Township.
"A lot of pride, all up in smoke," said Carl Martz, who lives across the street from the restaurant. "It's a busy place, you know, they sell a lot of food. They just remodeled the whole place, did a lot of work in there.”
Some neighbors even went as far as to call the restaurant a 'local legend'.
After sparking in the restaurant, flames quickly spread; the smoke damaged two apartment buildings next-door.
Many firefighters needed a break from the heat; two firefighters suffered heat exhaustion, fire officials say.
Officials clarified one of those firefighters was taken to the hospital while the other was treated at the scene
“Obviously, it’s hot out today. They’re in fire gear. It was a pretty large fire," said Stickler.
"I don’t know. It’s just, it’s crazy. I don’t know. Out of nowhere," said Jamisha Davis, who is now looking for a place to stay.
Davis says she had just stepped out of the apartment when her little sister woke up to the smell of smoke and immediately called her.
Their parents just got married.
"They went on a cruise. Then, this happens," added Davis.
The fire caused approximately $350,000 in damage, officials say.
Right now, they say they don't know what caused flames to spark but don't believe it's suspicious.
Corvette Grill said on its Facebook page, "We wanted to reach out and thank all of the community for all your support over the years. Earlier this morning we experienced a fire that unfortunately has caused us to shut down. Everyone is safe and sound. We are taking steps immediately to problem solve and rebuild. Thank you to all of you again. You’ll hear from us soon!"