Local News

Family escapes burning home near Hanover

A family of escaped a burning home in York County early this morning. It happened just after 5am at 10 Dove Circle in Penn Township. Richard Bradburn says he saw the fire in the 2nd floor hallway. He managed to get his family, his fiance and two young children, ages 2 years and 2 months old, out a window and onto a porch roof. He tried to extinguish the fire but could not. He then jumped from the porch roof into some bushes and retrieved a ladder to get his family down to safety.

Bradburn’s parents own the home. They were working in Maryland at the time of the fire. Damage to the 2nd floor of the home is extensive. An electric space heater may have been the cause.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement