LANCASTER, Pa. – A Lancaster City woman in her 50’s suffered minor injuries after escaping from a fire in her second floor apartment. The fire broke out at about 12:39 p.m. along the 500 block of S. Lime Street near Chester Street in the southeast section of the city.
All available city firefighters responded to the two alarm fire. According to witnesses the 53-year-old woman actually called 911 when the fire broke out before jumping out the window. She was the only person in the apartment above the vacant Kalimantan Grocery. She was taken to Lancaster General Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
The fire was under control in about 15 minutes but not before it heavily damaged the apartment. The city Fire Marshal says the cause of the fire was electrical and has ruled the blaze as accidental.