GO-TIME Releases Annual Report Highlighting Efforts to Save over $156 Million for Taxpayers
Harrisburg, PA – The Governor’s Office of Transformation, Innovation, Management and Efficiency (GO-TIME) has published its first ever annual report of accomplishments in the 2015-16 fiscal year, including projects that helped state government improve productivity and efficiency while saving over $156 million for taxpayers. By taking on the status quo, Governor has made government more efficient and responsive while saving hundreds of millions. He is going to continue to fix state government and make a government that works by leveraging inter-agency coordination and collaboration to maximize efficiency, modernize operations, and provide the highest quality services to Pennsylvania.
“In a short period of time, GO-TIME has mobilized state agencies to achieve millions in savings through efforts to modernize operations, increase collaboration and reduce costs throughout government,” said Governor Wolf. “At the same time, the office is laying the groundwork for future success through continuous improvement and employee engagement.”
Last month, GO-TIME announced the launch of a new continuous process improvement program based on Lean practices to engage employees to make their work processes easier, faster and more cost effective while improving service to the people that they serve. One of the first process improvement initiatives is focusing on a backlog of over 1,400 applications for clemency, commutation and pardons.
The report highlights key initiatives that contributed to the Governor’s goal of $150 million in savings for 15/16 and will continue to produce even more savings in the years to come. GO-TIME is currently working towards a new goal of $500 million in savings by 2020. These initiatives include:
- Over 250,000 Pennsylvanians Have Registered to Vote Online in Less Than a Year
- PennDOT to Save More Than $28 Million with New Mobile Construction App
- Expedited Medicaid Processing Initiative Results in $3.5 Million More in Drug and Alcohol Treatment Services
- Mail Optimization Savings Exceed $1 Million and Make Significant Reductions in Mail Processing, Delivery Times
- Department of Aging Improves Access Services at Senior Community Center
- Human Relations Commission Offers Online Employment Discrimination Filing
- DCNR Online Reservation Provides Innovation for Campers, Cost Savings at State Parks Across PA
- PA Parole Board Saves Money, Improves Productivity through Digitalization of Offender Files
- Department of Corrections, Temple University Hospital Partnership Saves Costs, Improves Offender Post-Release Medical Care
- Insurance Department Finds Mcare Savings
In addition to the report, data on all 2015-16 GO-TIME projects is available at OpenDataPA at data.pa.gov,
GO-TIME has also hosted events to foster resource and information sharing across agencies and expose managers to innovative practices that are achieving positive results in other organizations. GO-TIME will also work with agencies to implement continuous improvement programs to create more efficient processes and improve customer service.
To learn more about GO-TIME, visit www.governor.pa.gov/go-time.
Source: Governor’s Press Office