YORK, Pa.-- Part of being healthy is maintaining your body's immune system.
One way to keep it regulated is by monitoring what you consume.
Today on FOX43 Morning News, Mindy Quesenberry from MyFitnessQuest and Marcella Cucchiara, a certified Holistic Health and Nutrition coach, will be in the FOX43 Kitchen preparing a smoothie that tastes like apple pie.
The recipe for the smoothie can be found below:
IMMUNE BOOSTING APPLE AVOCADO SMOOTHIE
- Blend in high speed blender until smooth:
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk (or water)
- 1 apple, your choice, cored and quartered
- 2 cups loosely packed spinach
- ½ avocado
- 2 teaspoons raw organic honey (local if possible)
- 1/2 inch knob of ginger, peeled and chopped (use an inch if you like it)
- juice of 1 small lemon (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- 4 to 6 ice cubes
For more from Marcella's Eat Clean, Live Big coaching, you can visit her website here.